The users may find that BitTorrent classifications need to be either more strict or more lenient. They may find that BitTorrent traffic is not being classified correctly, or some regular traffic is being mistakenly classified as BitTorrent. This article provides a resolution for this issue.
The resolution for this error is to adjust the BitTorrent sensitivity.
If traffic is being incorrectly shown as BitTorrent, follow the steps given below:
- Set up an application object if one doesn't already exist.
- If possible, set up a network object for the IP(s) that the traffic will always be going to.
- Then, create the application, using the network object. If the network object cannot be created, you can use layer 7 signatures to help create it.
- Check the Real Time monitor to see if traffic is now properly classified using the new application.
- If not, follow the steps below to change BitTorrent sensitivity.
To change the sensitivity of BitTorrent classification, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Configuration > System > Setup > Monitoring and find BitTorrent Sensitivity.
- Setting this to 'high' is recommended for most service provider environments. Setting it to 'low' is recommended in cases of high false positives.
Also, it is good to ensure that the appliance is on the most up-to-date firmware. When new firmware is released, it may sometimes contain updated layer 7 signatures for applications and BitTorrent classification.