This article discusses the following:
- Whether it is possible to find the type of file, the content or name for all types of Web/Cloud file transfers like Dropbox, Securesync, Google Drive, etc.
- Whether it is possible to get more details for the Windows/Apple update.
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to see the name of the files. When we look at the packets, it is merely used to get information statistics for the network monitoring, such as IPs, the application, URL (if it is possible), etc. Usually, Payloads are encrypted so even if we try to dig deep in the packets, it is difficult to get that information.
- Similarly, it is not possible to find more details about what is downloaded, but we can get the URLs if they are within the specified ranges set under Configuration > Setup > Monitoring > Maximum URL Size. To find the URL:
- Go to Monitor > Applications > Windows updates.
- Scroll down and click Show URLs.
- It will open a new page and select the desired time period.
- It will give the list of URLs, but it will not tell which URL was used for what time period and will be with respect to particular host but still, it might help to get some information.