SummaryThis article explains about upgrading RAM on 4061 hardware platform for both 4061 v1 and v2
4061 hardware has versions v1 or v2. How to check if the device is v1 or v2?
In front of the Exinda panel there is pull out tag and it has a service tag.
Use that tag and search on the below website:
If it lists the DEll unit as Power Edge R210 (it is 4061 V1) or Power Edge R210 II (it is 4061 V2)
Upgrading on version V1 or V2.
1) Shutdown the Exinda from the cli using the command:
(config)# reload halt
or GUI: Goto configuration ---> under system ----> maintenance ----> reboot/ shutdown ---->Click on shutdown
2) Once the Exinda is powered down. Remove the power cords..
3) Remove the top cover and you will see two memory sticks in slots 1 and slots 3. each memory stick is 2 Gb rated.
4) There are two options: Use 2 X 4 GB sticks and put in slots 2 and 4. And remove the sticks which are already in the Exinda.
or add additional 2 Gb memory sticks in slot 1 and 3. Recommendation is to order same type of memory sticks which are in the Exinda. otherwise it may cause
incompatibility issue. Or put brand new 4 x 2 Gb sticks which are compatible with 4061 platform. For this information use the article :Compatible RAM for 4061
Note: The combination of 1 X 4 Gb stick with 2X 2Gb sticks does not work in 4061V1. It should be either 2 X 4GB configuration( in slot 2 and slot 4)or 4 X 2 GB configuration in slots 1,2,3,4.
5) Put the cover back on the Exinda. Plug the power supply and p4ower on the Exinda.
6) Once the Exinda is powered up. Check the additional memory is seen by the Exinda firmware.using GUI or cli:
# sh memory
Click on monitor ---> from drop down select ---> system ---> RAM
If any issue is observed please feel free to contact the Exinda support team.