SummaryWebUI inaccessible and showing error 'System temporarily unavailable'
- Users can see a message on the login screen when they try to access the Exinda through the Web Interface.
- This message says "System Temporarily Unavailable" and users cannot reach the login screen.
- Version 7 firmware uses Java which uses the process jboss.
- If jboss is not up and running for any reason, users will see this message and will be unable to log into the appliance.
- The database is not operational
- The jboss process not deploying properly
- The Proxy is resetting the jboss connection
- There is no space left on the device
- The device is just starting up after a reboot and is not ready to accept a login
TroubleshootPlease follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Clear the browser cache.
If for any reason, the browser cache is trying to provide a cached page, whereas the Exinda login page has been updated by Java, this message will be shown on the screen. Clearing the cache or using a different browser will help.
- Restart process jboss
Note: If the above doesn't help, go to the command line and restart jboss using the following commands
service jboss restart
Note: Wait for 5 minutes before accessing the Web Interface.
- Restart the database and jboss
service database restart
- [Wait for 3-4 minutes, or do the command 'show log continuous' from the en level and wait until the message "Database now online" is seen]
service jboss restart
- If the above do not help, restart the proxy service.
service proxy restart
- Contact Support.
- If the above doesn't work, open a case with Exinda TAC, as it will require a deeper examination into the device.
Steps for TAC Support
- Verify if browser cache has been cleared.
- Verify is jboss was restarted.
- Go to the shell and clear the directory /var/data/jboss/tmp/vfs
- Also check space in /var partition and clear temporary files if necessary.
- Check this directory /opt/tms/jboss/standalone/deploy for any *.undeployed files, and delete them.
- Go to CLI and restart jboss and give the process time to start up.
- Next step to try is to reboot the Exinda.
- Last option is to re-image the Exinda.