This article details relevant information that relates to an issue where users cannot access Exinda's Web UI login screen when running version 7 or later.
Either of the following reasons could cause this issue:
- You just upgraded the system, and the database is still upgrading or pending to upgrade.
- The jboss process is stuck and needs to be restarted.
- Network connectivity issues, and you cannot ping the IP.
- If you just upgraded the system and the database is either upgrading or pending to upgrade, give the Exinda device some time to complete or execute the upgrade of the database, since, in version 7 and above, the login is tied to the database and jboss services. As soon as the database upgrades, you will have access to the login screen. The time to upgrade the database can vary based on the size of the database stored on your Exinda.
- If the jboss process is stuck, you need to restart it; this will be the case if it has been a while since you upgraded and all of a sudden, you lose access to the Web UI. Follow the below instructions to do so:
- Ping the management IP address to confirm connectivity.
- If it works, log in to the CLI (command-line interface) and execute the following commands:
service jboss restart
- Wait for around 15 minutes, clear your browser's cache, and try again. If the issue persists, refer to the Additional Notes section of this article for additional troubleshooting steps.
- If you cannot ping the IP, please check your network connectivity.
The jboss process has some issues related to a defect. To discard these issues as the root cause of the problem described in this article, follow the below instructions:
- Terminate the jboss process.
- Log in to shell and delete the content in the /var/data/jboss/tmp/vfs directory.
- Restart both jboss and mysqld processes.
- Clear the browser cache, wait for 5 to 6 minutes, and try to log in again. If you can log in, the issue is now resolved, and you may skip the below steps. If it does not work, proceed with the next step.
- Stop the mysqld process.
- Log into the shell and clear the content of the /var/data/monitor directory.
- Restart the mysqld process.
- Wait for 5 minutes and try to log in again.
If the issue persists, contact Exinda Support.