This article shares the process for applying monitoring checks for services on a device that's on the GFI network.
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Network view.
- Click the name of the device you want to monitor.
- Select Monitoring > Checks.
- Select Add a check.
- Select the Operating system.
- Select Windows Service Check.
- Select a Service that should always be running on that device from the drop-down menu.
- Select the alert type, either SMS or Email.
- Click Add.
- Once this is set up, an email notification will be sent to the administrators if the selected service has stopped.
- Current checks will be updated to the cloud console every five minutes when the cloud agent checks in to the GFI servers.