If a block-listed website loads or a white-listed site displays a block notification or only partially loads, do the following:
- Browse to the GFI Cloud Installation Directory (…GFI Software\GFI Cloud Agent\WebProtection\Logs) and open the DATE-Log-1.csv
Check by time, or URL that is being blocked
- NOTE: You will see multiple URLs listed if a webpage references other pages or loads content form another page. You need to check ALL URLs for the time the page was blocked.
The columns you are most interested in is Start Time, Action, URL, Category, Policy
- Start Time: Time the URL was accessed
- Action: Allow or Block
- URL: URL being accessed – the part that you need to whitelist/block is the domain (bing.com, microsoft.com, youtube.com)
- Category: The number of the category, please click this line to determine what category needs to be blocked/allowed
- Always Allowed (Always Allowed Whitelist)
- Always Blocked (Always Blocked Blacklist)
- Scheduled Categories Blocked (Blocked during a scheduled time)
- Scheduled Categories Allowed (Allowed during a scheduled time)
- Allow List (Allowed by category)
- Blocked List (Blocked by category)
- Add the address to the appropriate list or allow/block the appropriate category.