- GFI EventsManager 2013
- GFI EventsManager 2012
The following procedure explains how to move your GFI EventsManager database from one server to another. If you running an older version of EventsManager, please refer to the procedure described in KBID003702.
The following procedure is divided in the following sections:
- Backing up the GFI EventsManager database
- Creating and transferring the new database
- Configuring GFI EventsManager with the new database
Backing up the GFI EventsManager database
- Stop all GFI EventsManager services
- Back up the folder specified in the EventsManager file storage settings
- To find out the location of the folder, open the EventsManager console and go to Configuration > Options > File Storage, and click Configure file storage…
- Start all GFI EventsManager services
Creating and transferring the new database
- Copy the folder backed up in the previous step to the new server.
Configuring GFI EventsManager with the new database
- Open the GFI EventsManager Management Console
- Click on the Configuration tab and select Options
- Click on the File Storage node in the left pane and select Configure file storage...
- Under the General tab, select the path and name of the previous database
- Click on the OK button to save changes