Users report getting an Error 550 message when sending a test SMTP e-mail.
- GFI Network Server Monitor
- All Supported Environments
The SMTP Error 550 means Relaying Denied. The SMTP server that is specified in the Notifications Settings does not allow relaying from the GFI Network Server Monitor machine or using the specified FROM address.
In GFI Network Server Monitor version 6 and later, this can be configured for each mail server specified in the Alerting Options > Email tab.
- Select the mail server that is giving the problem.
- Click the Edit button to ensure that the sender is spelled correctly.
- Ensure also that this sender is allowed to relay emails using the specified mail server.