GFI products can show the following error messages due to network connectivity issues:
- The semaphore timeout period has expired.
- The specified network resource is no longer available.
- The specified network name is no longer available.
- The remote network is not reachable by the transport.
Network connectivity problems have various causes, but they typically occur because of incorrect network adapters, incorrect switch settings, faulty hardware, or driver issues.
Common causes of connectivity problems are as follows:
- Network adapters and switch ports have mismatching duplex levels or transfer speed settings.
- Network adapters or switches with transmission rates of 10/100 megabits per second (Mbps) do not switch over correctly. Some auto sense settings may not correctly detect the speed of some network adapters.
- The network adapter is incompatible with the motherboard or other hardware or software components and drivers.
Follow the steps in this Microsoft article to troubleshoot network adapter problems.