During an upgrade of GFI FaxMaker, when you hit next to agree to the EULA, the installation does not proceed. This article provides the steps to move past the EULA screen during the install of FaxMaker.
NOTE: This type of issue can be permission caused and related to UAC (User Account Control). It is recommended to disable UAC (or set to never notify) and reboot the server for the changes to take effect.
Make sure UAC is disabled and then follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Uninstall GFI FaxMaker from the control panel.
- Make a backup of the GFI FaxMaker folder (default path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker).
- Export the primary GFI FaxMaker registry key:
HKLM\Software\GFI Fax & Voice\
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\GFI Fax & Voice\
- Remove the registry key exported in step 3.
- Reboot the server.
- Run the GFI Faxmaker installation again.
The installer proceeds past the EULA stage.
If this does not resolve the issue, contact GFI Customer Support for assistance and provide the installer log if possible.