After patch six is applied, the console crashes or hangs while doing various tasks:
- At the splash screen when the console is starting.
- When accessing tabs like the Agents or Configuration tab.
- After applying a policy to a computer.
- A generally slow user interface.
If the GFI EndPointSecurity service is stopped, these issues do not happen.
EndPointSecurity 2012 build 20120104
This issue has been identified as a bug which has been resolved. The fix has been released through the auto-updates.
- Apply all available patches through the auto-update.
- If the issue still occurs, collect a set of log files and contact Central Support.