SummaryHow to create a policy to block, ignore and optimize traffic to a network object or an Application
Procedure to Create the Policy
- Log in to the webui
- Click on the optimizer
- Create a new virtual circuit or Use an Existing Virtual circuit. Under the Virtual Circuit that you want to add the policy to click ÒCreate New PolicyÓ
- Add name the policy
- Assign a VC policy number according to policy preference. E.g. If this is an ignore or discard policy. This policy should be on the top and select the lowest policy number in the virtual circuit.
- Under the ÒActionÓ field, select ÒIgnoreÓ or "Discard" or "Optimize"
- Under Filter Rules: Under vlan select Vlan tag based object. For source and destination select the desired network object from the dropdown. Under direction select the direction based on the virtual circuit. And for creating a policy for a specific application select that application from the drop down list.
- Under Edit policy: Select the values in Guaranteed and Burst bandwidth.
- And click on apply changes to save the policy. After this restart of the optimizer will be required for this new policy created to take effect.
The below diagram shows and Example: To create a policy to optimize the bandwidth of software updates.