When downloading a file from the Internet or received one by email, Microsoft Windows can block these for security reasons.
- Microsoft Windows 7 and later
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and later
Microsoft Windows classifies certain files as unsafe downloads by identifying the file type and the security settings for each file. As a result, the file cannot be accessed, extracted, executed or registered properly.
For example, in the installer log you can see errors like this:
Error 0x80004005: Failed to extract all files from container.
Error 0x80004005: Faild to begin and wait for operation.
Error 0x80004005: Failed to extract payload: a11 from container: WixAttachedContainer
Failed to extract payloads from container: WixAttachedContainer to working path:C:\Users
\GFI\Desktop\mailessentials2014_x64.exe, error: 0x80004005
- Right-click on the file in Microsoft Windows Explorer and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Click Unblock in the lower right-hand corner of the resulting message.
- Click OK or Apply.
Note: If the Unblock option is not present, the file is not blocked. You should only unblock files that you trust.
- Verify that the software file can be accessed, extracted, executed and registered without errors.