With Kerio Connect 8.3 and later, administrators can configure the Exchange Web Services (EWS) type of Internet Accounts on Mac OS X 10.9 and later.
The support for EWS Accounts includes Apple Mail & Notes, Calendar & Reminders, and Contacts.
Administrators can also use the Kerio Connect Account Assistant to configure these applications using alternative account types that offer additional functionality.
Follow these steps to add EWS accounts:
Enable automatic discovery and configure your DNS to support the auto-discovery feature. so that users can use only their username and password to create an account. For more information on this topic, refer to Autodiscover in Kerio Connect.
Under System Preferences, choose Internet Accounts.
In the right window pane, choose Exchange.
Enter your email address and password.
Verify the information is correct and click Continue.
- Choose the applications you want to configure and click Done.
Exchange accounts have the following limitations:
- Public and shared folders are not synchronized in Mail. You can use IMAP or Kerio Connect Client.
- Public and shared calendars (without Delegation) are not synchronized in Calendar. You can use CalDAV or Kerio Connect Client.
- Public and shared contacts are not synchronized in Contacts. The Global Address List can be queried, and you can use CardDAV or Kerio Connect Client.
- You cannot move or create folders within specially designated folders (e.g. Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Trash, Junk)
- Only one reminder can be synchronized with an event.
Note: these limitations do not apply for Mac Outlook (EWS profile).