This article shares information around understanding and using Archive Assistant to archive emails & calendar item in GFI Archiver.
IMPORTANT: Any items archived through the Archive Assistant get archived irrespective of any rules set in Rules-Based Archiving.
- The Archive Assistant is a plug-in installed in Microsoft Outlook to enable users to archive email messages and calendar items into GFI Archiver manually.
- By default, items stored in GFI Archiver are organized in an identical folder structure to that in the user’s mailbox in Microsoft Outlook.
- Manual Archiving must be enabled in GFI Archiver for Archive Assistant to work.
- Archive Assistant can be installed in Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 via:
- Active Directory® Group Policy Objects (GPO).
- Manual Install.