When facing problems with XCAPI and GFI FaxMaker, it is important to make a test using the XCAPI Tool in order to verify that the device is properly configured for the intended media gateway.
- Stop the GFI FaxMaker services.
- Open the XCAPI configuration from the All Programs listing.
- Choose View, then choose Expert F8.
- Under the Configuration tab, click Trace.
- Go to the Options tab and configure the following:
- Trace type: Trace into the file.
- Trace file: Intended path where the trace file will be generated.
- Click Apply.
- Start a Wireshark capture. For additional instructions, refer to Using Wireshark to capture network traffic for FaxMaker.
- Open the XCAPI XTest tool from the All Programs menu.
- Choose Fax Call and enter a valid fax number, then click send fax.
- Collect the generated XCAPI trace file from the path specified in step 5.
- Collect the Wireshark trace of the attempted call.
- Provide the trace files along with:
- The exact time the test was performed.
- The number sending From and To.
- IP address of the sending server.
- Restart the FaxMaker services that were stopped in step 1.
Note: For gathering XCAPI Traces, refer to the YouTube video XCAPI 08 - Create a trace. These traces are meant to work together with the FaxMaker troubleshooter logs.