When a single user accidentally deletes older mails, it can be restored using recovery commands. The user mailbox data is stored in historical backup files, that can be used by the KMSrecovery tool.
If the Kerio Connect is installed on Linux systems, such as Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, RHEL, the administrator should run the specific commands from Terminal console.
- The configuration data is stored in the default location:
- The backup directory is stored on an external disc:
- The mailbox will be saved out of the Kerio Connect's store folder in the
- Login to the server as root (administrator) user.
- Stop the Kerio Connect service.
- Go to the default Kerio Connect installation directory:
- Execute the kmsrecover command:
./kmsrecover -d company.com -u wsmith -s /mnt/temp /mnt/backup/F20200421T070704Z.zip
Note: replace company.com by the domain name and wsmith by the necessary username.
- The kmsrecover detects the path to the store automatically in the Kerio Connect's configuration file and recovers all items.
Kerio Connect recovers a single user’s mailbox with all items.