In Kerio Connect, user accounts are represented by individual email boxes. With user accounts, you can authenticate users to their accounts, set access rights to the Kerio Connect administration, change the description, full names, passwords, authentication types, etc.
Accounts must belong to a domain. Each domain may include both local and mapped users from Directory Services. The number of accounts is limited only by your license. Local accounts can also be imported to Kerio Connect.
Access to Kerio Connect Administration
Creating Local Accounts
You can create and manage local accounts in the Kerio Connect administration interface.
- Go to Accounts > Users and select a domain for the new account.
- Click Add > Add Local User.
You can also use a template.
- On the General tab, enter a new username and password for the user (according to the domain requirements).
Note: Usernames are not case-sensitive and cannot include spaces and special characters.
- Click OK.
- For each user account, you can:
- Create email address aliases.
- Forward messages to another mailbox within or outside Kerio Connect (forwarding will not work if the user account is deactivated).
- Add the user to groups.
- Set space quotas.
- Configure access rights to the administration interface.
- Manage account limits (message count, sending outgoing messages, etc.).
- Maintain accounts (for example, message clean-out).
- Restrict access to services.
- Add personal and contact information
Mapping Accounts from a Directory Service
To add users from a directory service, you need to:
- Connect Kerio Connect to a directory service.
For more information, refer to Connecting Kerio Connect with Microsoft Active Directory article.
- Activate users in the administration interface:
- Navigate to Accounts > Users and select a domain for the account.
- Click Add > Add From a Directory Service.
- Select the users you want to map to Kerio Connect.
You also can add users later.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
The users should be displayed at Accounts > Users.
If you plan to create multiple local accounts with similar settings, you can create a template:
- From the administration interface, navigate to Configuration > Definitions > User Templates.
- Enter a name for the template and specify all common settings for the users.
- Save the settings.
- Now, on the Accounts > Users page, you can click Add > Use Template and create a user based on a template.
Disabling and Deleting User Accounts
You can temporarily disable user accounts or delete user accounts permanently. Disabling or deleting a user frees a license.
- Your own account.
- A user with a higher level of administration rights.
The article Disabling and Deleting User Accounts in Kerio Connect provides the steps on how to disable users temporarily and on how to delete users permanently.
All information for troubleshooting regarding users can be found in the Config log.
Information about deleting users is logged in the Warning log.