Strong user passwords should be long and complex. This is intended for the benefit of both the end user and for app protection purposes.
IMPORTANT: Any shared password must be changed immediately upon login by the user in order to be compliant with the security requirements.
The following guidelines will help you set up a complex password their Kerio Connect Account:
- Passwords should be at least 8 characters long.
- Passwords should contain all of the following:
- Lowercase letters
- Uppercase letters
- Special characters
Note: Users should frequently change their password.
Kerio Connect can generate strong passwords for your users:
- In the Kerio Connect Page, go to Accounts > Users section.
- Select a user, for (e.g.), Username '2' and click Edit.
- On the General tab, click Generate.
4. Copy the generated password and provide it to the user.
5. Click OK.
The user will now have a strong password generated for first-time use.