If the users lose their devices, they may request the administrators or agents to remotely delete their data by performing a remote wipe on their devices. This is similar to the enterprise wipe action performed for security reasons.
This article explains the process of remotely wiping the mobile devices which can be used by both the Kerio Connect administrators and agents.
- In the administration interface, go to Accounts > Users.
- Select a user and go to More Actions > Mobile Devices.
- Select a device and click on Details to view its information.
- Click on Wipe to delete all personal data from the device.
- Once the device connects to the Kerio Connect server, Kerio Connect removes all the account data from the device.
- Based on the device type and its operating system, you may either reset the device completely or only clear out the account.
- On the Windows Mobile operating systems, users must agree that the administrator performs the wipe action.
- They must confirm a dialog during the first data synchronization between the device and Kerio Connect.
- If they do not confirm, it is not possible to complete the synchronization process.
- If the device stores email attachments on a memory card, Kerio Connect deletes the attachments as well.
- You can cancel the wipe before the device connects to the Kerio Connect server by clicking on Cancel Wipe.
- You can find the details of the wipe process in the Security log.
- Alternatively, users can also wipe their own devices from their Kerio Connect Client.
Once the device connects to the Kerio Connect server, Kerio Connect removes the device from further syncing.