Kerio Connect Client on Safari requires a trusted SSL certificate to use the Chat feature. If your server does not use an SSL certificate signed by a trusted certificate authority, you can make the certificate trusted by importing it into your system, this article describes the process to perform this task.
To import the certificate to your system:
- Open Safari.
- Log into Kerio Connect Client. The Safari can't verify the identity of the website "apu.kerio.local" dialog box opens.
- Click on Show Certificate.
- Select the Always trust "apu.kerio.com" when connecting to "mail.company.com" box.
- Click on Continue. A verification dialog box opens.
- To confirm the SSL certificate as always trusted, type the password of a user with administrative rights to the system.
- Click on Update Settings. The Kerio Connect Client login dialog opens.
- Log into Kerio Connect Client and verify that the Chat works properly.
Once logged into the Kerio Connect Client, you can verify that the Chat works successfully. If the Chat works as intended, you have successfully imported the SSL certificate and the Chat is ready to use.