The Kerio Exchange Migration Tool (KEMT) is a free application for migrating public folders, accounts, and user data (Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Notes) from Microsoft Exchange Server to Kerio Connect.
Note: Exchange Message Filters are not migrated from Exchange Server to Kerio Connect.
This article covers the process of preparing the tool for migration.
For additional information about the supported versions of Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Outlook, refer to the Kerio Connect System Requirements.
The duration of the migration depends on many factors and may take some time. If possible, perform the migration during light usage hours.
The migration tool does not overwrite or remove the existing data in the destination Kerio Connect mailboxes. Administrators can, therefore, run the migration tool on active Kerio Connect mailboxes, and merge data.
Ensure that data on Microsoft Exchange does not change during or after the migration process. To prevent this from happening, verify that users and new emails are directed to the Kerio Connect server before starting the migration.
Follow these steps:
- Install and run Kerio Connect.
- Verify that the IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) service in Kerio Connect runs on the port
143through Configuration > Services.
- On a machine that can access both Kerio Connect and the source Exchange server, install Microsoft Outlook and Kerio Exchange Migration Tool.
Note: Do not install the KEMT tool on a computer that has both the Exchange server and the Kerio Connect server. This results in migration failure.
- Temporarily disable receiving new emails on the source Exchange server (otherwise migrated data will be inconsistent).
- Verify that MAPI (Messaging Application Program Interface) is enabled on the Exchange server. Additional information about this process can be found in Microsoft's article Enable or Disable MAPI for a Mailbox.
- If the connection between the Exchange server and Kerio Connect goes through a firewall, open the following Firewall ports:
- TCP protocol on port
- TCP/UDP protocol on port
- TCP protocol on port
- Migrating data from your source Exchange Server to Kerio Connect.
- Installing Kerio Connect on Windows
- Installing Kerio Connect on Mac OS X
- Installing Kerio Connect (Linux DEB)
- Installing Kerio Connect on CentOS (Linux RPM)