Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) is a protocol used by Kerio Connect to search through your Contacts folders in your Email Client, like Outlook or Entourage. The LDAP server in Kerio Connect only searches the contact folders you can view in Outlook or WebMail.
Note: If you are using the Kerio Outlook Connector, you do not need to add an LDAP address book, and you may skip this article.
Step By Step Guide
- Start Outlook.
- Go to File > Account Settings.
- Go to the Address Books tab and select New.
- Select Internet Directory (LDAP) and click Next.
- Type the IP address or the domain name of the Kerio Connect server in the Server Name: field.
- Check the box This server requires me to log on.
- In the User Name and Password fields type the username and password for the contact folder you will be searching.
- Proceed as follows:
- If you are using the default LDAP port 389, click the Next button.
- If you are using the Secure LDAP port, click the More Settings button. Then check the box named Use Secure Socket Layer on the Connection tab and click the OK button. Then click the Next button.
- If you are using an alternate port number for the LDAP server, click the More Settings button and fill in the appropriate port number. Click the OK button, then click the Next button.
- If you are setting up a directory service for the first time then you should receive a pop-up window stating you will have to restart Outlook before the Directory Service will start.
- Click OK to close this pop-up window.
- Click Finish.
- Exit and restart Outlook.
To start using the Kerio Connect LDAP server, compose a new email. In the To: or Cc: line, type a few letters of the name or email address you wish to search for and press CTRL+K on the keyboard.
The To: or Cc: line should either fill in with the email address matching your query or you should receive a pop-up window containing the email addresses that match your query.
You can also click the To: button and select the names from the LDAP address book by changing to this one in the opened Select Names window and perform a search.