Kerio Connect is available as a standard installation package for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux RPM, and Linux Debian. This article shares the process of installing Kerio Connect on Linux Debian or Ubuntu systems.
Note: Make sure your system meets all requirements before starting the installation.
Follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of Kerio Connect.
- Run the installer with root rights or using this command:
# dpkg -i <installation_file_name.deb>
# dpkg -i kerio-connect-8.0.0-1270.linux.i386.deb
- Follow the steps in the installation wizard. Kerio Connect gets installed in the
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
Note: We recommend you read the DEBIAN-README (located in the installation directory) file carefully and immediately after the installation.
- Perform the initial configuration before starting the Kerio Connect engine.
Manually Starting or Stopping the Kerio Connect Engine
The Kerio Connect service starts automatically. The script that provides this automatic start-up of the daemon (Kerio Connect engine) on system reboot is located in the
You can use the following commands to start or stop the daemon manually from the terminal:
- Stopping the Kerio Connect engine:
sudo service kerio-connect stop
- Running the Kerio Connect engine:
sudo service kerio-connect start
- Restarting the Kerio Connect engine:
sudo service kerio-connect restart
Note: Run Kerio Connect with root user rights to execute these commands.