The Kerio Connect virtual appliance is designed to be used with VMware products. It includes the Debian Linux operating system and Kerio Connect.
A terminal is available to perform the product and operating system updates. You can switch to it by pressing the standard Alt+FX combination (for example, Alt+F2).
Make sure you have access to Kerio Connect via SSH:
- Boot up the Kerio Connect image.
- Access the console by pressing Enter.
- Enter the root password. The default password is
- Select SSH Settings.
- Make sure that SSH is enabled. Otherwise, enable it.
- Save the settings by pressing F8 or Fn+F8 (depending on your OS settings).
- Log in to Kerio Connect via SSH (the IP address is displayed in the VMware console):
ssh root@<IP address>
Note: You can use PuTTy to establish an SSH connection.
- Get the link to the desired Debian package (
- Select Kerio Products And Documentation.
- Select Kerio Connect and the desired version. Click Show Files.
- Copy the link to download Kerio Connect - Linux 64bit (DEB):
- Download the package by running the following command:
wget <link to the package>
- Use the following command to upgrade Kerio Connect:
# dpkg -i <installation_file_name.deb>
- To update Debian Linux, run the following command: