Kerio Connect includes a Chat feature from version 9.1 for exchanging instant messages. Chat enables users to view their colleagues' online status and to chat with them in real-time. This is useful when they cannot wait for an email response or prefer a quick back-and-forth conversation without the use of a phone.
Administrators must enable chat for individual domains. Users can then enable/disable chat in their Kerio Connect Client settings.
Chat in Kerio Connect Client is an additional option for using an XMPP/Jabber application.
Enabling chat for individual domains
- In the administration interface, go to Configuration > Domains.
- Double-click a domain.
- On the General tab, select Enable chat in Kerio Connect Client.
- Click OK.
Enabling chat among all domains on the server
The contacts users can chat with depends on the public folder settings on your server:
- Unique public folders enable them to chat only with users from within their own domain.
- Global public folders enable all users from all domains on the server to chat with one another.
If any problem with Kerio Connect Client chat occurs, consult the following logs:
To enable Debug, follow the steps below.
- Right-click in the Debug log area, and click Messages.
- Select Instant Messaging and Web Socket Messages options.
- Click OK.
NOTE: After debugging, clear those options. Otherwise, the logging may slow down the server performance.
After following the above steps, you have successfully enabled the chat feature in Kerio Connect Client.