Using the certificate means that administrators have to select it in the specific settings (e.g. For SSL certificates for VPN server, administrators need to select them by going to Interfaces > VPN Server). This article covers the steps to export and import certificates signed by a certification authority.
- On Kerio Control's administration console, go to Configuration > Definitions > SSL Certificates.
- Click Add > New Certificate Request.
- In the New Certificate Request dialog box, enter the hostname of Kerio Control, the official name of your company, city, and country where your company resides and the period of validity. Hostname is a required field.
- Choose the certificate request and click More Actions > Export.
- Save the certificate to your disk and email it to a certification organization (e.g. Verisign, Thawte, SecureSign, SecureNet, Microsoft Authenticode and so on).
- Once you obtain your certificate signed by a certification authority, go to Definitions > SSL Certificates.
- Choose the original certificate request (the certificate request and the signed certificate must be matched)
- Click More Actions > Import. The certificate replaces the certificate request.