The first login to the administration interface after the installation automatically runs the product activation wizard which you must go through to complete the installation process.
This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to configure the Kerio Control Activation Wizard to complete the installation process.
- Select the default language.
- Agree to the terms of the license agreement.
If the installation type is hardware/software, set up the network connection.
- Select an interface connected to the internet and configure the connection method as DHCP, Static Configuration or PPPoE.
- Specify the required parameters and click Next.
- If you have no internet connection, select Activate in unregistered mode and register Kerio Control later.
- If you have a file with the license, select Register offline by license file.
Select your time zone and verify the date and time settings.
It is recommended to enable synchronization of time against a time server.
Kerio Control uses the NTP servers of Kerio Technologies.
In Licensing, select whether to activate with a license or continue in trial mode.
- Enter the license provided in the email or by your reseller directly.
- You can register offline by manually importing the license.key file.
You can send your usage statistics to participate in product improvement.
NOTE: Statistics do not include any confidential data (passwords, email addresses, etc.) and you can disable it any time under Advanced Options > Updates.
- Create an administrator password. The administrator can:
- Access the administration of the firewall via the Web Administration interface.
- Log in to the firewall's console.
- (Optional) If MyKerio checkbox was enabled, specify the name of appliance. The Kerio Control is added to MyKerio.
After finishing the wizard, the login page appears confirming that the installation, configuration, and activation has been completed.