The Kerio Control External Logging tab allows sending individual log records to the Syslog server.
- In the Administration interface, go to Logs.
- Click any log file to load its contents.
- Right-click any place within the log file and choose Log Settings.
- In the External Logging tab, check the Enable Syslog logging checkbox.
- Define the Syslog Server. This is the DNS name or the IP address of the Syslog server. If you are using the default port, type the server name only. If you are using a non-default port, type the server and the port in the Syslog server field in the following format:
- The Syslog server distinguishes logs by Facility and Severity.
- Facility: The default value is 16: Local use 0, but you can change it as you need.
- Severity: The value is fixed for each log and you cannot change it. Severity values are explained in the following table:
Log Severity Alert 1: Alert Config 6: Informational Connection 6: Informational Debug 7: Debug Dial 5: Notice Error 3: Error Filter 6: Informational Host 6: Informational Http 6: Informational Security 5: Notice Warning 4: Warning Web 6: Informational
- In the Application field, type the description to be displayed in the Syslog server.
- Click on OK.
Syslog logging is enabled and starts sending logs as specified to the Syslog server that you have provided.