User accounts can be sorted into groups. Creating user groups provides the following benefits:
- Assigning access rights to groups of users
- Using groups when defining access rules
- Creating user groups
You can create either a local user group or map existing groups from a directory service.
- Creating local groups
Local groups are created and managed through the Kerio Control administration interface.
- Go to the administration interface.
- In section Groups, select Local User Database.
- Click Add.
- On the General tab, enter a group name.
- On tab Members click Add.
- Select users you wish to add to the group and confirm.
NOTE: You can also go to Users and select a group in user's settings.
- On tab Rights, you can configure access rights for this group.
- Save the settings.