Phone provisioning is used for automatic configurations of the selected hardware Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) phones.
Phone provisioning means:
- The phone automatically connects to the Private Branch Exchange (PBX) after booting and is assigned a phone extension.
- Extensions are managed in the administration interface.
- If you confirm or plan it, the system performs an automatic restart of the provisioned phones, if needed.
- Phone firmware is automatically updated.
- Displaying a company logo on hardware phones supported by Kerio Operator.
- Accessing company contacts through Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
In your local network, you need a DHCP server supporting parameter 66 (TFTP server address). Enter the address of the Kerio Operator in this parameter.
- Only selected phones support automatic phone provisioning.
- Appropriate settings need to be done in the Kerio Operator.
In the Administration interface, navigate to Configuration > Provisioned Phones > Hardware Phones and click Provisioning Settings.
In the configuration dialog box for Provisioning Settings, ensure that the Enable provisioning option is checked.
Check the Create new extension for newly registered phones option to create users locally (do not map them from a directory service).
Each telephone must be authenticated when connecting to the PBX. Extension number and password are used for SIP authentication (Master Password in this case). The password is saved in the configuration file, which is sent to the phone upon its first connection to the network. The phone uses this password to authenticate at Kerio Operator.
The Master password for phones is enabled option enables creating one password for all provisioned phones.
If you disable the Master password for phones is enabled option, all phones will have their own passwords (it can be viewed in the configuration dialog of each phone).
Save the settings to complete the configuration of the general environment for provisioned phones.
When a phone is connected to your network, it will be listed in the Provisioned Phones section