Phone provisioning is used for automatic configurations of the selected hardware Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) phones.
Phone provisioning means:
- The phone automatically connects to the Private Branch Exchange (PBX) after booting and is assigned a phone extension.
- Extensions are managed in the administration interface.
- If you confirm or plan it, the system performs an automatic restart of the provisioned phones, if needed.
- Phone firmware is automatically updated.
- Displaying a company logo on hardware phones supported by Kerio Operator.
- Accessing company contacts through Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
In your local network, you need a DHCP server supporting parameter 66 (TFTP server address). Enter the address of Kerio Operator in this parameter.
- Only selected phones support automatic phone provisioning.
- Appropriate settings need to be done in Kerio Operator.
Step By Step Guide
- In the administration interface, go to Configuration > Provisioned Phones > Hardware Phones.
- Click Provisioning Settings. The configuration dialog box is opened.
- Check the Enable provisioning option. The option must be checked.
- Check the Create new extension for newly registered phones option to create users locally (do not map them from a directory service).
- Each telephone must be authenticated when connecting to the PBX. Extension number and password are used for SIP authentication (Master Password in this case).
- The Master password for phones is enabled option enables creating one password for all provisioned phones.
- The password is saved in the configuration file which is sent to the phone upon its first connection to the network and the phone uses this password to authenticate at Kerio Operator.
- If you disable the Master password for phones is enabled option, all phones will have their own passwords (it can be viewed in the configuration dialog of each phone).
The general environment for the provisioned phones is configured. Once a phone is connected to your network, it will be listed in the Provisioned Phones section.