Kerio Operator supports configuring different ringtones for different types of calls, e.g., internal calls, external calls, or ringing groups. This article provides the steps to set strings and telephone lines for distinctive ringing.
Kerio Operator v2.5 and above.
By default, Kerio Operator uses the below strings for the Alert-Info header:
operator-external(calls from an interface)
operator-queue(calls from a call queue)
operator-group(calls to a ringing group)
To configure different ringtones for your SIP interfaces, call queues, and ringing groups, you have to change the default string in SIP "Alert-Info" header by following the instructions below.
- In Kerio Operator's administration interface, go to either Call Routing, Call Queues or Ringing Groups.
- In Call Routing, double-click a SIP interface. In Call Queues or Ringing Groups, double-click an extension.
- Switch to the Advanced tab.
- In SIP "Alert-Info" header, change the default string as you see fit.
- Click OK.
Note: This is a new feature, available from Kerio Operator v2.5 and above.
Configuring Telephones, e.g., Snom 360
- Go to the web administration console of your telephone.
- Navigate to Setup > Preferences.
- Locate the 'Alert-Info' settings and choose the proper ringers for each 'Alert-Info' strings, as shown below.
- Save the settings.
Call from an external telephone number or an internal extension to a ringing group. The ringing settings you saved should be active now.