When GFI MailEssentials is installed on Microsoft® Exchange, a dedicated user must be created to use any of these features:
- Deliver spam email to an Exchange mailbox sub-folder (required when installing on Exchange 2010 or newer versions only).
- Information Store Protection using EWS (not required when using VSAPI, this option is only available on Exchange 2010).
- GFI MailEssentials can create a Microsoft Exchange account and configure its permissions automatically or the user can be created manually.
- The account's details (such as username and password) must not be changed.
Steps to configure a dedicated user from the GFI MailEssentials:
- Launch GFI MailEssentials Switchboard by clicking Start > Programs > GFI MailEssentials > Switchboard.
- Select the Exchange Account tab.
- Click Change...
- Select one of the following options:
- Create a new account: Let GFI MailEssentials automatically create a user and assign the required rights.
- Use the following account: Use a manually created user account. Specify the credentials (Domain\username and Password) and click Set access rights to assign the required rights to the specified user.
- Click Finish to apply settings.
- Click OK.
- Verify that the user account changes from the Exchange Account tab.