Remoting ports enable modules in GFI MailEssentials to communicate with each other. By default, GFI MailEssentials uses these ports:
- 9090: Used by the GFI MailEssentials Backend service.
- 9091: Used by the GFI MailEssentials Attendant service.
- 8015. Used by the GFI MailEssentials AutoUpdater service.
Ensure that no other applications (except GFI MailEssentials) are using these ports. If these ports are used by some other application, change these port numbers to ports that are not used by other applications.
To configure the Remoting ports, follow these steps:
- Launch the GFI MailEssentials Switchboard from Start > Programs > GFI MailEssentials > Switchboard and select the Other tab.
- In the Remoting Ports area, change the number of the Remoting port to one that is not utilized by other applications.
- Click on Apply.
Note: Some services are temporarily stopped while performing this operation. This may affect mail flow and/or email scanning.
- Click on Yes to restart the displayed services.
- Click on OK.
Reproduce step 1 from the above guide. In the Remoting Ports area, verify that the settings are appropriate.