Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) helps by storing emails temporally, while they are scanned or waiting to be processed by the mail server.
This article provides the installation steps on Windows Server 2012.
To Install MSMQ on Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2, follow these steps:
- Launch Server Manager.
- Go to Manage > Add Roles and Features.
- Click Next from the Before You Begin screen.
- Choose Role-based or feature-based installation and click Next.
- Choose the server where to install the feature and click Next.
- Do not choose any server roles. Click Next.
- In Features, expand Message Queuing > Message Queuing Services and choose the option Message Queuing Server.
- Continue running the wizard adding any other roles required by MSMQ (if applicable).
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- Click OK to complete the installation.
The installation completes successfully with no errors.