This article describes the process to install Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) to store emails temporally while they are scanned or waiting to be processed by the mail server.
Install MSMQ on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2:
- Launch Server Manager and right-click on the Features node.
- Select Add Features.
- Expand Message Queuing > Message Queuing Services and select Message Queuing Server.
- Continue running the wizard and add any other roles required by MSMQ (if applicable).
- Click Install to start the installation. The setup may require a system restart.
- Click OK to complete the installation.