If you download a file from the Internet or receive one by email, Microsoft Windows might block these for security reasons.
Microsoft Windows classifies certain files as unsafe downloads by identifying the file type and the security settings for each one. Resulting in files that cannot be accessed, extracted, executed or registered properly.
For example, in the installer log you can see errors like this:
- Error 0x80004005: Failed to extract all files from container.
- Error 0x80004005: Failed to begin and wait for operation.
- Error 0x80004005: Failed to extract payload: a11 from container: WixAttachedContainer
- Error 0x80004005:Failed to extract payloads from container: WixAttachedContainer to working path: C:\Users\GFI\Desktop\mailessentials2014_x64.exe, The file needs to be unblocked before using it.
- Microsoft Windows 7 and later
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and later
To unblock a file, follow the steps below:
- Open Microsoft Windows Explorer to locate and right-click the downloaded file, choose Properties from the context menu.
- Click the Unblock button in the lower right-hand corner of the resulting dialog.
- Click OK or Apply.
Note: If the Unblock button is not present, the file is not blocked. You should only unblock files that you trust.
Verify that the software file can be accessed, extracted, executed and registered without errors.