This article describes the resolution of an error which occurs when sending a fax with an attachment through GFI FaxMaker, the sender receives a report with the following error:
Error: '1700: - Document Conversion failed. Association does not exist.'
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
This error means that the print association to the document file is not working or is not present on the GFI FaxMaker machine.
- The application ( associated with the attached document file type ) is installed and operable on the GFI FaxMaker machine.
- A print to shortcut (print association) is present and selectable on the GFI FaxMaker machine*.
- The GFI FaxMaker printer driver is installed correctly and accessible on the GFIFAX port.
* The print to shortcut is normally installed with all document and file type applications. To check this, click the right mouse button on the file in Microsoft Windows Explorer and if association is present, one of the options displayed should be the print. Try to print using this option to ensure that the association is working correctly.