PROBLEMWhen trying to send a fax from the GFI FAXmaker Fax Message Form, the following error is encountered:
Error: C-0009 - One of the attachments could not be attached creating the message. Make sure that all the attachments are accessible by the message form when 'send' is pressed
- GFI FaxMaker
- all supported environments
SOLUTIONPerform the following procedure to apply the necessary security permissions:
- Log in onto the machine where the GFI FAXmaker Fax Message Form is running using administrative permissions
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the location of the GFI FaxMaker client folder ( by default <Program Files\GFI\FAXmaker> or <Program Files (x86)\GFI\FAXmaker> )
- Right click on the 'FaxMaker Client' folder and select properties
- Click on the 'Security' tab
- If the user is already listed under the 'Group or user names' section, ensure that the 'Write' and 'Read and Execute' permissions are ticked and set to 'Allow'
- If the user is not listed under the 'Group or user names' section, click on the 'Add..' button and add the user in question. Once the user is added in the list click on the Write' and 'Read and Execute' permissions and set them to 'Allow'
CAUSEThis error message can be generated when the user using the GFI FaxMaker Fax Message Form does not have 'Write' and 'Read and Execute' permissions in the GFI FaxMaker Client folder.