- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
After a call is placed successfully (which triggers a ringing on the remote side) any errors which occurs during the negotiation phase, transmission phase or cal termination phase are reported as a handshaking error: 54. The handshaking error:54 does not indicate in what stage the error occurred, so a closer look into the available logs files is necessary.
The initial approaches are:
- Check manually whether a user can dial the fax number and can hear a fax tone
- Check if the issue persists only with the fax number in question and if it is reproducible
Please verify if ECM is enabled for the fax session.
Please open a ticket with GFI Software Technical Support to get further assistance.
- Having an invalid fax number or the remote party is not a fax machine
- incorrect settings of the network element ( e.g. fax device, router, PBX, gateway, etc.) within your network or
- a network element ( e.g. fax device, router, PBX, gateway, etc.) within your network that is not configured optimal and causes timeouts