Outbound faxes are failing with error: mailbox full
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
- On the GFI FaxMaker server, navigate in Windows Explorer to C:\inetpub\mailroot and check each folder for file backups (.eml, .bad)
- Move the files from the folders into temporary folders
- Restart the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service and make sure that it is started and set to 'Automatic'
- Restart the GFI FaxMaker Message Transfer Agent service
- Verify message flow by monitoring the \GFI\FaxMaker\SinkDrop folder and the GFI FaxMaker Monitor message queue by sending a test fax. The fax should arrive in the GFI FaxMaker Monitor > Queued Faxes
- After fax flow is verified, copy the moved .eml files from step 2 into the \SinkDrop folder to attempt processing
- Note: If you moved any .bad files out of \inetpub\mailroot folder, you can try to process these by changing them from .bad to .eml and then placing them into the \SinkDrop folder
Files have filled the inetpub\mailroot folder of the GFI FaxMaker server, which is usually a result of Antivirus scanning this folder. Above a certain point, the SMTP service will report "mailbox full" to any relaying Mail Server/Telnet request because there is no more room in the inetpub\mailroot folders to receive new mail. To set Antivirus exclusions for GFI FaxMaker, see: Which folders need to be excluded when running an antivirus scanner on the same machine as GFI FaxMaker?