The following error comes out when trying to open the GFI FaxMaker Configuration:
The configuration files cannot be accessed. Please make sure you have installed FaxMaker correctly and that you have the enough permissions to access the FaxMaker folder.
Followed by a Microsoft Management Console error:
MMC cannot initialize the snap-in.
This article provides two possible solutions on how to resolve this particular issue.
This is caused by corruption of the Access database. Often caused by conflicts with antivirus software on the GFI FaxMaker Server.
- Ensure that you have excluded the files when running an antivirus on the same machine as the GFI FaxMaker.
- Compact and repair the database:
- Close the GFI FaxMaker Configuration.
- Stop all GFI FaxMaker services.
- Create a backup copy of the following files from the installation folder of GFI FaxMaker
- After backing up the files, open each file in MS Access.
- Go to Database Tools and click Compact and Repair Database.
- Exit MS Access.
- Restart the GFI FaxMaker services.
This may be due to a permissions issue.
- Verify that the account running the GFI FaxMaker services is an administrator account with full access to the GFI FaxMaker files and folders.
- If GFI FaxMaker is intended to be installed in Active Directory mode, the GFI FaxMaker services should run with a Domain Administrator account.