When you are running the FD tool or starting GFI FaxMaker, it triggers the following error:
Unable to start boston host service.
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
This situation could occur if you had a previous version of the Boston Host Service and were updating the installation. It should not occur on a fresh installation.
The pointer in the registry may point to another bostsrv.exe file, which is the name of the Boston Host Service program. Or the registry may point to another btcall.cfg file or another directory where the firmware is stored.
- Dialogic no longer supports any SDK prior to 6.7.0 (Included with GFI FaxMaker 2014)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 is supported by GFI FaxMaker but IS NOT supported by Dialogic for SDK 6.7.0.
- In a Command window (cmd), navigate to where bostsrv.exe is located.
- Press Enter. The program will report that the service is removed.
- Open the Dialogic Brooktrout configuration tool again.
- You should now be able to hit the Apply button without any errors.
- If you are using the Dialogic FD Tool (fdtool.exe), exit the program.
- Go to the
fdtoolfolder and double click on the batch file remove driver.bat.
- Run fdtool.exe again.
You will be able to run the Dialogic FD tool or start the GFI FaxMaker successfully.