The GFI FaxMaker Fax Server service is unable to render faxes in the queue without administrative privileges. If Active Directory is present, then the GFI FaxMaker Fax Server service is unable to resolve the licensed user unless the logged on account is that of a domain administrator.
- GFI Faxmaker
- All Supported Environments
In order to change the GFI FaxMaker Fax Server service to run under an Administrator account, proceed as follows:
- Open the Services Panel (Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services)
- Locate and double click the GFI FaxMaker Fax Server service
- Select the Log On tab and in the Log on as: section and select This account
- Specify an account having Local / Domain administrative rights in the format <Domain>\<User>
- Provide the correct password for the specified account
- Click the Apply button
- Select the General tab and click the Start button to start the service
The FaxMaker Fax Server service needs to run with an user account that has full local admin privileges on the GFI FaxMaker machine. If GFI FaxMaker is installed in Active Directory mode, then the user account requires additional domain admin privileges.