This article provides information on clearing the old logs and temp files in GFI FaxMaker.
Here are the steps for doing a little "housekeeping" on old logs and temp files. Clearing old and large log files helps to improve FaxMaker's performance.
- Stop all GFI FaxMaker services (and SMTP, Brooktrout services, if they exist).
- Clear all the files on the
\Logs\folder. (They may be deleted or moved to a temp folder). By default, the
Logsfolder is located under
\Program Files\GFI\FaxMaker\. These files will be recreated as needed automatically after GFI FaxMaker is restarted.
- Clear all *.TXT files larger than 1Mb on the
\FaxMaker\folder. (They may be deleted or moved to a temp folder). These files will be recreated as needed automatically after GFI FaxMaker is restarted.
- Delete temp files (ONLY DELETE FILES NOT FOLDERS) from faxes older than a few days (and that are not reported in the GFI FaxMaker Monitor - Queued Faxes) from the following folders:
- Restart all services that were previously stopped.
The old logs and temp files are cleared successfully.