When sending a fax using XMLAPI sending method, the status files are deleted after five minutes.
In most cases when using XMLAPI as a sending method in FaxMaker, the customer is using their software to send faxes. The status file reports the status of the fax back to the sending software in stages ending with success or failure. By default, FaxMaker deletes these files after five minutes to keep the location clear so files do not build up.
This is done intentionally to avoid a large number of files building up in the drop location to prevent sending delays and possible service timeouts or crashes.
Perform the following steps:
- Open the registry editor and navigate to the following location:
- For GFI FaxMaker (32 bit): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI Fax & Voice\FaxMaker\Config
- For GFI FaxMaker (64 bit): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI Fax & Voice\FaxMaker\Config
- Here add the
- To ensure that FaxMaker does not delete the status file set this to '0'.
- Exit the registry editor and restart the FaxMaker services.
The status file reports the status of the fax and is retained by the GFI FaxMaker.