SummaryGFI FaxMaker is releasing a patch with support for TLS 1.2.
OverviewEtherFax is dropping support for TLS 1.0, which may interrupt fax transmissions.
To deal with this situation GFI FaxMaker is releasing a patch.
This patch should be applied to GFI FaxMaker 2015 SR2 and SR3 (versions 18.2 and 18.3) only.
ResolutionIf you are running GFI FaxMaker 18.2 or 18.3 wit hEtherfax, follow these steps to apply the patch:
- Stop all GFI FaxMaker services and close the configuration MMC, if open.
- Download the patch from cdndl.gfi.com/patches/FM2015/fmEtherfax_18.3.zip
- Right-click the downloaded ZIP file, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Unblock and then select OK. This option may not be present.
- Unpack the zip file by right-clicking and selecting Extract all, and view the files it contains.
- Find the fmEtherfax.fxd file in the installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker) and move it to a different location.
- Copy in the replacement fmEtherfax.fxd file from the unpacked patch folder.
- Once the file is replaced restart all FaxMaker services that were stopped in step 1.