A prefix may be needed in the event where your carrier requires a '1' to be added for a long distance dial, or when your telephony environment needs to have a given number in order to get outside of the local PBX. To configure GFI FaxMaker to add a prefix to every fax number:
- Open the GFI FaxMaker Configuration
- Select Lines/Devices > Properties
- Highlight the first outbound line and click the Properties... button
- Select the 'Line options' tab, then locate 'Dial prefix & suffix:'
- Add the prefix in the left box, then click the OK button
- Repeat steps 3-5 for each of your outbound lines