This article provides the steps for editing the relay settings for the GFI FaxMaker SMTP Instance.
To edit the Relay Settings for the SMTP instance where GFI FaxMaker is installed, follow the steps below:
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager from Start > Administrative Tools. Additionally, this can be found in Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
- NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or later, select the Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Manager.
- Right-click the SMTP Virtual Server and select Properties.
- Navigate to the 'Access' Tab and select the Relay... button.
- Ensure that the IP address(es) of the sending parties are added to the relay allowances. If using GFI FaxMaker with a hosted mail solution, your Mail Server's IP address(es) should be added here.
- After making any edits to the SMTP settings, navigate to Command Prompt and type
iisreset, then hit enter. [Start > Run >